Comment on page
A brief overview and mission.
The global sportsbook industry is a multi-billion dollar industry with up to $89.65B in market size and an annual growth rate of 10.2%, as reported by Grand View Research in 2022. The growth in recent years has been driven in part by the increasing availability of online betting platforms and the proliferation of mobile devices, which have made it easier for people to access such services.
However, it is not without flaws. Some of the main problems faced by the web2 sportsbook industry include:
- 1.Lack of transparency: One of the main problems faced by the web2 sportsbook industry is a lack of transparency in its operations. Because these platforms are typically operated by centralized entities, it can be difficult for users to fully understand how the platforms work and how their bets are being processed.
- 2.Limited accessibility: The web2 sportsbook industry is also limited in terms of accessibility, with many platforms only available in certain countries or regions, or strictly requiring users to KYC and has a proper bank account setup.
Our mission is to create a decentralized sportsbook platform that empowers users around the world to participate in sports betting in a transparent, secure, and fair manner. By leveraging the power of such innovative complexity in zkSync's tech stack, we aim to create a sportsbook that is autonomously operated, transparent, and accessible to anyone, anywhere.
- Goal3 offers increased transparency and security because all data is stored on a decentralized blockchain network.
- Goal3 offers more autonomy because users have full control over their funds and bets.
- Goal3 offers more accessibility as it allows users to participate in the platform even if they are not in a location where traditional sports betting is allowed.
- Goal3 has a liquidity staking program [SOON] that allows users to earn rewards by staking their funds in the liquidity pool.